This page will be used to keep track of all the upcoming mobile phones, both announced and yet-to-be announced, and their rumoured specs, features among other things. Check back here daily for frequent updates.
• CNET via Korea Herald reported that the earliest we may get a glimpse of the upcoming Galaxy devices will be in January 2019!
• It seems that the Galaxy S10 will actually have three different models: 'Beyond 0' will be the 5.8 inch model with a flat screen and a single rear camera, 'Beyond 1' will be the standard 5.8 inch with a curved screen and dual-rear cameras, and 'Beyond 2' will be the flagship 6.2 inch device with the triple-rear cameras mentioned above.
• The Galaxy S10 is also rumoured to contain 'Fingerprint-On-Display' (FOD) technology, though it's not known which of the three devices will contain the tech.
• Plus, there are suggestions that the Galaxy S10 will not implement the iris scanning technology, switching it out for 3D facial-recognition instead. Again, it not yet known which of the three Galaxy S10's will receive this tech.
• According to some reports, this entry-level device will have a flat-screen display, with conflicting reports pegging the size at either 5-inch or 5.8-inch.
• This will most likely be the standard offering for the Galaxy S10 series with a rumoured 5.8-inch display.
• IceUniverse has 'leaked' the supposed design of the Galaxy S10. The image suggests that it will heavily rival the Oppo Find X screen-to-body ratio, while also possibly having the front cameras on a tray hidden inside the phone.
• This device is rumoured to have the 6.2-inch display.
• The Korea Herald have reported that this iteration of the Samsung Galaxy will also follow the Huawei's P20 Pro with three-rear cameras.
• The Samsung Galaxy X is rumoured to be the foldable mobile phone device that Samsung has been working on, complete with a foldable battery.
• If all goes as planned, this device could be released early 2019.
|Specs||Galaxy S8 Lite|
|Chipset (SoC)||Snapdragon 660|
• A spec sheet was leaked via GeekBench listings, that suggests that the unannounced SM-J260 device is perhaps the low-budget Android Go phone.
|Display||5.0" Super AMOLED|
|Chipset (SoC)||Exynos 7570|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo|
• Apple have three new phones in the works, with varying screen sizes: the 5.8", 6.1" and 6.5". All three iPhone devices could be released this year, with one being released in September-November window.
• Apple have also filed a patent that suggest future phone releases may come with "squeeze detection technology". Whether this tech will be available for this year's iPhone releases remain to be seen.
• This phone has now been confirmed as the iPhone XS Max.
• The iPhone X Plus is rumoured to be the 6.5" mobile device: one of the three new phones. Here is a "leaked photo" taken of the screen display. Later reports have pegged the size to be at 6.4" instead.
• It is looking more likely that the X Plus will have an OLED display, retaining the notch.
• Specifications wise, it may consist of Apple's new A12 Bionic system-on-chip as well as 4GB of RAM, as well as possibly allowing for dual-SIM's to be in use.
• For those seeking possible colour choices, an iPhone X Plus Gold Edition could very well be a possible option, as the planned iPhone X Gold had been cancelled.
• This phone has now been confirmed as the iPhone XS.
• This phone is rumoured to be the 5.8", as well as the next major successor to the iPhone X.
• The X2 may also feature a triple-rear camera, new depth-sensing technology and enhanced zooming. At this stage, only the Huawei P20 Pro has the three-rear camera setup.
• This phone has now been confirmed as the iPhone XR.
• The 6.1" is hinted at being the lower-cost iPhone, and may be the phone with the LCD screen. This phone is reportedly delayed by two months, due to an issue with the LCD screens, so the phone may be released in November.
• A render courtesy of BGR has given a clearer indication of what the device may look like. The render has suggested that the home button and Touch ID may be omitted in favour of Face ID technology, which is also hinted at due to the sensors displayed in the notch.
• The Google Pixel 3 is rumoured to have a 5.3-inch display, while the Pixel 3 XL will have a 6.2-inch display.
• Image renders have shown what the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL may look like, as well as different colour possibilities, based on the rumoured screen dimensions.
• Image leaks have shown what may be the design for the Pixel 3, thanks to the screen protector cutouts. The cutouts seem to indicate duel-front facing cameras possibly for both phones, while the front-facing speaker will also return from the Pixel 2. The Pixel 3 XL also looks to have the controversial "notch" design; whereas the Pixel 3 does not.
• Pixel 3 XL will have "nearly edge-to-edge" display, aside from a thicker bottom bezel, whereas the Pixel 3 won't be edge-to-edge, with bezels on top and below.
• Unlike the previous two Pixels, HTC or LG will not be manufacturing the Pixel 3, with Foxconn taking over production duties. Foxconn have been manufacturing Apple phones since the very first iPhone right through to the iPhone X.
• It may also contain the Snapdragon 845, which is no surprise, considering Pixel 1 / 2 both have the latest Snapdragon chips.
• In addition to the Pixel 3 and XL versions, it is rumoured that Google are also planning a high-end Pixel to challenge the iPhone X, as well as a budget version to combat Apple's SE2. Considering the fast release of mobile phones in the 'budget' market, this rumour does not seem all that far-fetched.
|Display||5.5" FHD+||5.5" FHD+||5.5" FHD+|
|Pixels/Aspect Ratio||2160x1080; 18:9||2160x1080; 18:9||2160x1080; 18:9|
|RAM||3 GB||3 GB||4 GB|
|Storage||32 GB||32GB||64 GB|
|Display||5.7" FHD+ IPS|
|Pixels/Aspect Ratio||2160x1080; 18:9|
|Storage||64 / 128 GB|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Camera (Rear)||19mp RGB and 13mp monochrome|
• In addition to the specs, the spec sheet listed a microSD slot with expandable storage up to 400 GB.
• A report has released tidbits on the upcoming Nokia 9 mobile device, which is being rumoured as being the next flagship device for the brand.
• The same report mentions the Nokia 9 will have an OLED screen with Fingerprint-on-Display technology. It will also contain the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC.
• The device may be released in September of this year, and come pre-installed with Android 9 (Pie).
• Both the Motorola One Power and the Motorola One is rumoured to be the brand's Android One devices.
• The One Power is rumoured to contain specs such as a 1080p display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 636 SoC, dual-rear cameras with a 16 megapixel and a 5 megapixel, with a 16 megapixel front camera.