This page will be used to keep track of all the upcoming mobile phones, both announced and yet-to-be announced, and their rumoured specs, features among other things. Check back here daily for frequent updates.
Click the brands below to jump to that section on the page.
• It seems that the Galaxy S10 will actually have three different models: 'Beyond 0' will be the 5.8 inch model with a flat screen and a single rear camera, 'Beyond 1' will be the standard 5.8 inch with a curved screen and dual-rear cameras, and 'Beyond 2' will be the flagship 6.2 inch device with the triple-rear cameras mentioned above.
• Plus, there are suggestions that the Galaxy S10 will not implement the iris scanning technology, switching it out for 3D facial-recognition instead
. Again, it not yet known which of the three Galaxy S10's will receive this tech.
Samsung Galaxy S10 - Entry-Level (Beyond 0)
• According to some reports, this entry-level device will have a flat-screen display, with conflicting reports pegging the size at either 5-inch or 5.8-inch.
• There's also rumours that this device will feature a single-rear camera.
Samsung Galaxy S10 (Beyond 1)
• This will most likely be the standard offering for the Galaxy S10 series with a rumoured 5.8-inch display.
• IceUniverse has 'leaked' the supposed design of the Galaxy S10
. The image suggests that it will heavily rival the Oppo Find X screen-to-body ratio, while also possibly having the front cameras on a tray hidden inside the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (Beyond 2)
• This device is rumoured to have the 6.2-inch display.
• The Korea Herald
have reported that this iteration of the Samsung Galaxy will also follow the Huawei's P20 Pro with three-rear cameras.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
• The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will be released in Australia, August 24th.
• A Twitter post
hinted that the Galaxy Note 9 may include 8GB of RAM and a whopping 512GB of storage space! Take this with a grain of salt...
Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite
• It seems that Samsung
still has more mobile phones on the horizon for 2018. With the launch of their mid-tier Galaxy A8
earlier in the year, Samsung's next phone has been outed as the Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite.
• It will be a budget device of the Galaxy S8 phone from last year, though it will still contain many of the same features, such as the dedicated-assistant button for Bixby, as well as the rear fingerprint scanner.
• Below are the specifications that were listed in the FCC and TENAA listings, however until Samsung makes an official announcement regarding the phone, the information has to be taken as a rumour.
|Specs||Galaxy S8 Lite|
|Chipset (SoC)||Snapdragon 660|
Samsung Android Go
• A spec sheet was leaked via GeekBench listings, that suggests that the unannounced SM-J260 device is perhaps the low-budget Android Go phone.
|Display||5.0" Super AMOLED|
|Chipset (SoC)||Exynos 7570|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo|
have three new phones in the works, with varying screen sizes: the 5.8", 6.1" and 6.5". All three iPhone devices could be released this year
, with one being released in September-November window.
• While Samsung were the OLED venders for the iPhone X
, there are rumours that Apple are trying to get LG up and about with their OLED manufacturing, and that LG will provide their OLED screens for the two mainline iPhones, with the lower cost phone getting the LCD screen instead.
• Apple have also filed a patent that suggest future phone releases may come with "squeeze detection technology"
. Whether this tech will be available for this year's iPhone releases remain to be seen.
iPhone X Plus
• The iPhone X Plus is rumoured to be the 6.5" mobile device: one of the three new phones. Here is a "leaked photo" taken of the screen display. Later reports have pegged the size to be at 6.4" instead.
• It is looking more likely that the X Plus will have an OLED display, retaining the notch.
• While Apple are yet to officially announce the follow-up, The Korea Herald
have reported that the follow-up to the iPhone X will feature three rear-cameras, similar to Huawei's P20 Pr, however other reports are disputing this as it is looking more likely that the iPhone X Plus will only have the dual-rear cameras.
• Specifications wise, it may consist of Apple's new A12 Bionic system-on-chip as well as 4GB of RAM, as well as possibly allowing for dual-SIM's to be in use.
• For those seeking possible colour choices, an iPhone X Plus Gold Edition could very well be a possible option, as the planned iPhone X Gold had been cancelled.
• This phone is rumoured to be the 5.8", as well as the next major successor to the iPhone X.
• The X2 may also feature a triple-rear camera, new depth-sensing technology and enhanced zooming. At this stage, only the Huawei P20 Pro
has the three-rear camera setup.
• The 6.1" is hinted at being the lower-cost iPhone, and may be the phone with the LCD screen. This phone is reportedly delayed by two months, due to an issue with the LCD screens, so the phone may be released in November.
• A render courtesy of BGR has given a clearer indication of what the device may look like. The render has suggested that the home button and Touch ID may be omitted in favour of Face ID technology, which is also hinted at due to the sensors displayed in the notch.
Google Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL
• The Google Pixel 3 is rumoured to have
a 5.3-inch display, while the Pixel 3 XL will have a 6.2-inch display.
• Image leaks
have shown what may be the design for the Pixel 3, thanks to the screen protector cutouts. The cutouts seem to indicate duel-front facing cameras possibly for both phones, while the front-facing speaker will also return from the Pixel 2. The Pixel 3 XL also looks to have the controversial "notch" design; whereas the Pixel 3 does not.
• Pixel 3 XL will have "nearly edge-to-edge" display, aside from a thicker bottom bezel, whereas the Pixel 3 won't be edge-to-edge, with bezels on top and below.
• Unlike the previous two Pixels, HTC
or LG will not be manufacturing the Pixel 3, with Foxconn taking over production duties. Foxconn have been manufacturing Apple phones since the very first iPhone right through to the iPhone X.
• It may also contain the Snapdragon
845, which is no surprise, considering Pixel 1 / 2 both have the latest Snapdragon chips.
• It is rumoured for release in the August/September timeframe. However, the previous
two Pixel phones
were released in October, so the October release date of the Pixel 3 sounds more likely.
• In addition to the Pixel 3 and XL versions, it is rumoured that Google are also planning
a high-end Pixel to challenge the iPhone X, as well as a budget version to combat Apple's SE2. Considering the fast release of mobile phones in the 'budget' market, this rumour does not seem all that far-fetched.
• The LG
Q7 is the budget version of the G7 ThinQ
, and it will service that mid-tier phone market.
• There will be three different iterations: Q7a (Alpha), Q7 and Q7+ (Plus).
|Display||5.5" FHD+||5.5" FHD+||5.5" FHD+|
|Pixels/Aspect Ratio||2160x1080; 18:9||2160x1080; 18:9||2160x1080; 18:9|
|RAM||3 GB||3 GB||4 GB|
|Storage||32 GB||32GB||64 GB|
• All phones will share the same battery, IP68 rating, fingerprint sensor and Android 8.0 'Oreo' operating system.
• There is a possibility that not all three iterations will be available in Australia; however considering that the LG Q6 was released last year, the Q7 should have an Australian release date.
LG G8 ThinQ
• While it is still extremely early for any G8 ThinQ rumours, with the recent release of the G7 ThinQ, it seems rumours are already coming through about what to expect with LG's next flagship phone. This rumour suggests
that the G8 may have a 4K display screen, however takes these murmurings with a grain of salt.
• A source close to Android Police
revealed that the forthcoming LG V40 device may consist of five cameras: two front-facing cameras that may signify facial ID, as well as three rear-cameras similar to Huawei's P20 Pro.
Huawei Mate 20 / Pro
• The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is rumoured to have
a 6.9 inch Samsung OLED display screen. If true, this could see the next wave of mobile phones slowly reach the display sizes of the 7 inch tablets.
• All the previous phones in the Mate series have been released in November, so expect an official release announcement around October.
• Though the Sony XZ2 has only just been released, a specification sheet listing the supposed specs for Sony's next Xperia XZ3 has been "leaked".
|Display||5.7" FHD+ IPS|
|Pixels/Aspect Ratio||2160x1080; 18:9 |
|Storage||64 / 128 GB|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Camera (Rear)||19mp RGB and 13mp monochrome|
• In addition to the specs, the spec sheet listed a microSD slot with expandable storage up to 400 GB.
• A report has released tidbits on the upcoming Nokia 9 mobile device, which is being rumoured as being the next flagship device for the brand.
• The same report mentions the Nokia 9 will have an OLED screen with Fingerprint-on-Display technology. It will also contain the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC.
• The device may be released in September of this year, and come pre-installed with Android 9 (Pie).
Compare Mobile Phone Plans
If you are thinking of upgrading your mobile phone, then check out our latest offers
from our providers and find a better deal for you.